Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Selva de Pedras - Wellcome to the Jungle

São Paulo is the city where I was born in. It's huge. When you have the chance to land in the Cumbica airport (closer to the city) at night it's amazing to see the endless light shining until the horizon. It's hard to tell where it starts and where it beggins. When people ask me how many people live there I say that I don't know how many Million inhabitants it has. I heard and read so many different figures!!! It's hard to count how many grains of sand there are in the ocean.


The city is poluted and has a lot of violence, everywhere. I believe is due to the extreme social gap in the population. Middle class and high class are only a really small part of the population. Imagine a slum (a big one) across the street of high luxury appartment complex. That's the city's reality. Nevertheless it is the economical capital, the city that brings the most money to the country. It has beautifull parks, innumeral cultural centers and lots of other things to do (shopping, eat, party). If you are carefull it is safe and is lots of fun.


I enjoyed my life there. Was a good place to grow up and it gave me the chance to see many different realities. To see life in many different perspectives.

Nowadays is strange to go back there. Get used to the constant smoke in the air, the noise everywhere, the movement of people... however it still amazes me. Every time I go back home to visit my family and the plane is flying over the city I look down, like if it would be the first time and enjoy the feeling of realizing once more that we are all so small... just another grain of sand.

5 Comments:

Blogger Milie said...

Ohh.. Ian... I also think its strange when I go back... Im not used to it anymore!

When Im in the plane... I look down and see many many many buildings... and I always try to fing where I live (yes, I managed to find, but it was easy cause I live close to Cumbica).

But now... with this weather... I miss Brazil... I miss the nice part... the beaches, the food, my family, my friends...

Beijos,
Milie

PS: nice pictures... cute picture de voce de da Yaz

12:13 am

 
Blogger Milie said...

Ihhh, Don't know what happened... but I had posted here and it didn't appear!

Ian... very very very NICE pictures! I feel exactly the same as you do when I go back to Brazil... I guess Im not used to it anymore...

The view from the plane is undescribable... AMAZING! And I even managed to find my building once (but thats because I live really close to the airport)!

Keep on posting! And thanks for your comment in the Blog and Fotolog!

Beijinhos,
Milie

PS: Nice picture of you and Yaz!!!

12:48 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear friend! How can I tell you how much I love you? (And I dont mean that on a gay manner) It is good that now I can keep up with you from sooo far! Please DO NOT EVER stop writing about ALL your adventures! You can conquer the world my friend! I believe in you!!

Your dearest friend,

Carioca

1:27 pm

 
Blogger Milie said...

Iaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!!!

Que negocio é esse que vc tbm faz magica!?! Quero que vc faça a magica da moeda pra mim... Terca feira na aula!!! Estou anciosa!!

Beijinhos....
Muah!

6:03 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian, Love your Blog site, best wishes from all of us following it from London.

1:03 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home